PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS recruitment
Thread: SAS recruitment
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2013, 11:15
G.S. Willy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS

There is no doubt that the terms and conditions in SAS has taken a turn for the worse in the last 10 years.
That said, this thread is about the first round of recruitment in this company since 2001, I think people are interested in the present recruitment process and the present terms. In this, SK pilot is providing factual information, he is not part of management, just a pilot trying to give advice.

Hawkeye is not providing factual information, his dislike for the company and it's management is quite clear, what I cannot understand is his obvious dislike for the pilots in the company.

I am on a leave of absence from SAS, currently working in China, but scheduled to return to SAS soon.
I have experienced first hand three transitions since my initial training in SAS, none of them took more than 5 weeks, from start of type rating until I was released on the line. That is a fact, no matter what Hawkeye might have "heard", from some unknown source.

Finally, starting salary might not be very good, but you are a direct employee of a Scandinavian company, with a pension, insurance, sick pay, and ID tickets with most major airlines.

Last edited by G.S. Willy; 25th Mar 2013 at 13:57.