PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Random Alcohol Breath Testing for the RN
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2013, 08:25
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Another nail in the coffin of morale in that all events involving alcohol I.e. Thursday bops, exchange drinks, games nights and mess functions will have to move to the weekends where no-one will go to them.
When the Biggin Hill OM beanstealing blunties tried to move dining-in nights from Fridays to Thursdays, so that they could leg it home with their hangovers at Friday lunchtimes, they'd forgotten about the relatively large number of us who, although undergoing aircrew reselection, were still mess members.....with voting rights.

So, when it was put to the vote at an extraordinary mess meeting, the beanstealers lost and dining-in nights continued to be held on Fridays...

I once had an Annual Medical the morning after the medical centre's midweek Christmas function. The quack was clearly suffering; he reeked of stale booze and was sweating like a pig. So when it came to the usual question "How much do you drink in a week?", I simply replied "A damn sight less than you did last night!".....

No reason for mid-week functions to end. It just means people will need to exercise self-discipline.