PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2013, 19:41
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Owain Glyndwr

Franzl,

Your post leaves me wondering ...... I heard four flight test professionals describing how they go about a delicate task that must be approached carefully. They were talking to the Flight Test Group of the RAeS, and I think their purpose was to inform not teach. No lessons to be learned but some questions answered.

Moreover, I suspect that if those much maligned management and bean counters approached those guys and suggested they change their procedures to save a few dollars or euros they would be rapidly and forcibly told where to go and what to do when they got there.
Somewhat unsure where to place your kind reply.

I wonder myself, in the briefing was nothing new on the planet, mostly stuff what expierienced old school pilots learned about stalls amd falls from the beginning regardless whether it was civil or military. Was this knowledge completely lost and has to be invented again?
How long will it take to make the findings and results available to the line? And still i´m concerned, that it will again end up in some fixed procedure without transfering te knowledge which led to the developement of said procedure.