PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of video camera on commercial flight
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2013, 07:27
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a vexatious troll, and respond to your points:
+ 1 to that.

Dave, you do appear to be trying to justify your actions. Just a few of your points...

Obviously the videos from the flight deck are sanctioned by the airlines
Wanna bet? Many of the flight deck videos are NOT sanctioned by the airline involved. Pilots, just like passengers, like showing stuff on youtube. Many of them get disciplined for doing so. SOME of the videos online are ones done for training and/or PR and have found their way onto the internet.

And so what if they have/do? What possible relevance has this got to do with you when you're told to turn off your electronic device prior to take off? IMHO, you're the same as a motorist complaining to the traffic cop about getting a speeding ticket because somebody else sped the other day and didn't get a ticket.

Distraction during safety briefing - what more can the cabin crew inform passengers who have flown often.
ROFLMAO! Firstly, not everyone is a frequent flyer. Second, you may be shocked at how little knowledge some frequent flyers have about the safety procedures of the aircraft they're in.

Lack of awareness - in the event of an emergency no one is going to be more concerned about using a camera than their own safety.
Answered already, but once again prepare to be shocked. Do not underestimate the importance some people place about uploading stuff onto their facebook page. In fact, the large number of videos (from the passenger perspective) of aircraft landings where there was a declared emergency should rebut your point.

I do obey the rules where they apply, but in my opinion they are not clear, as rules, or how they are applied, vary between carriers.
And that is the point, really. You want to video parts of the flight and you're desperately trying to find reasons to be able to do so.

It's called confirmation bias. As far as I can see, you've come on here asking how you can video take-offs and landings because you really want to do this. You've not received a single positive answer. Many of your respondents are either airline pilots or flight attendants. But you're not listening to them, and keep on coming back with some rubbish arguments (justifications?) so that you can do exactly what you want to do.