PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of video camera on commercial flight
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 21:50
washingtondave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I didn't necessarily expect a positive response, I didn't expect some of them to be facetious.

Torque Tonight. Let's not compare apples and pears, a small sports camera does not equate to a fire axe. On your other points:-

Distraction during safety briefing - what more can the cabin crew inform passengers who have flown often.
Lack of awareness - in the event of an emergency no one is going to be more concerned about using a camera than their own safety.
Physical risk from loose items - a fair point, but I'm sure that on an average flight there plenty of other loose items just as dangerous.
Cabin crew - my original question had no intention of filming cabin crew, other passengers or whatever, merely to record the things I could see out of the window.
Terms and conditions - I never disputed that, just merely asked if it was possible, and if not, why not.
Unknown threat of interference - I don't know enough to comment on that (who does), but they have been allowed on the flight deck, although I accept your point of them being accessible (although, by the nature of my question, it would not be my intention to "hide" any camera I used).

Mixture. I am not "sticking my nose into" anything, merely posing a question and exploring options. This a forum, and I have every right to do so.

Fester. I do obey the rules where they apply, but in my opinion they are not clear, as rules, or how they are applied, vary between carriers.