PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 21:40
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DCT – You make an interesting point well worth a Sunday thought or two;

Q. Do I believe Rod was unilaterally crucified ? (A) Dunno, need to think it through.

The thing that pops into my head is the different attitude we all had back then. The difference is, back then BASI would be 'widely' believed and trusted as was CAA (or whatever). The general mindset in the day - would be one of 'reasonable doubt' and it would be tough to generate support for an argument that BASI got it wrong. This may well have been so in Rod's case; but, by and large BASI usually nailed an inquiry and were unlikely to be seen as 'glove puppets' for the authority. Please – I'm not saying for right or wrong; just saying 'the troops' would be more likely, on balance of probability, to 'believe' a BASI case then.

This is not the situation today –

Q. Do I believe DJ and JQ were unilaterally crucified ? (A) Absolutely, no doubt at all.

CASA and ATSB, looking at the inquiry evidence so far, appear as a shambollic mess, seemingly dedicated to presenting reports designed for CASA to push through the smoke and mirror factory, polish and spin for public acceptance, to ease the avoidance of civil action and fostering a 'Strictly No Liability' facade. They present with the appearance of relying on the extremes of law used only to suit their purpose, bluffing, denigrating or bullying all who would dare challenge the might of the self styled - government safety watchdogs, or lap dogs if you like, (anything other than honest working dogs).

This all is extraordinarily counter productive – once upon a time, with the odd grumble things could be accepted as 'kosher', but not anymore; even the outright villains get support. Any semblance of reasonable doubt provided against a CASA case after this little lot will have the judge seeking to avoid making an unsafe ruling. Why, because it is being demonstrated in Parliament, to my satisfaction, that CASA and ATSB can and will be 'economical' with the facts.

Did I tell you the one about the wabbits at the bottom of our garden?; no, later then, over a beer.

A favourite - for Sunday pleasure.

Last edited by Kharon; 23rd Mar 2013 at 22:25. Reason: Bloody phone - reading Patterson, good and bad, eh?