PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces and police to face further spending cuts, Danny Alexander warns...
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 17:44
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We can all gripe and moan about benefits cheats, but I'd doesn't detract from the fact that these sorts of benefits form a tiny proportion of the dwp budget. Pensions for example, are forecast to grow by 40 billion alone in the next decade. We have some seriously difficult choices ahead, and ring fencing particular budgets for political expedience is quite frankly disgraceful.

I don't see why they allowed grandfather rights to the changes to state pension age which should have been introduced in this parliament, if they change, they should change for everyone. I know this will not be popular, but some form of means testing for state pension will come, it has to. Complete moral hazard, but we cannot afford to pay the reasonably well off (significant private sector pensions or substantial savings) the state pension, nor can we continue to afford to provide the full range of healthcare we have benefitted from to everyone either.

Difficult choices. Unfortunately, I don't see any politicians on the horizon with the cahones to enact such policies.

Emigration unfortunately, seems to be the only forward option for strivers in this country.

Last edited by VinRouge; 23rd Mar 2013 at 17:46.