PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXFORD/KIDLINGTON
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 15:06
PhiltheReaper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phileus Fogg, whilst I generally respect your posts and sarcasm is best appreciated in this country, I wonder if there was any actual constructive content in your last post at all.

I would point out that nobody has suggested a train station is to be built at the airport, so don't worry yourself about warning everybody off. I would also point out that there is a more strict definition of a palace than there is of an airport, and should you so desire to meet that definition (50 rooms or more from memory?), you would be welcome to re-name your abode.

Lastly, I feel it is important to suggest that Oxford has been in this "airport as opposed to aerodrome" game for such a short period of time, it's rather surprising they have come as far as they have. It is true that other airports in the country are trying to do a similar thing to Oxford, and that there may be an argument to be made for Oxford sticking with the business traffic for which it is well suited. But, I don't think that it's a fair comparison to suggest that the chances of success at taking scheduled movements are negligible. As I have said before in this thread, I think it's important to remember that this is a new venture and to be patient in assessing the outcome.

Many people have picked up on the unusual feel of the airport, with the little security hut and they are right, but perhaps as time goes on, and the operation at Oxford becomes more settled into this new role, the investment will be proven to be viable, and such issues may be dealt with?

It is my view that anybody, presenting any firm opinion on the success of lack there of, for this airport is probably a little more certain than circumstances currently allow for.

Rant over, if rant it came across as