PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to working practices at LACC
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2003, 17:20
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see the managements need for "changes" this summer but I also have to agree with Numpo and 250 kts.

Questions that need to be answered:

What's in it for us, the operational workforce?
What changes are we going to see in the attitude of the management towards us?

Let's not forget that the current mess at LACC is entirely due to the incompetance of NATS management and has nothing to do with the operational staff.

Just why should we bail them out AGAIN? You see, I'm fairly happy with WPP as it stands, and it's not me or my colleagues that need a change, it's the management.

What would I like to see, personally? Simple. An Admission from NATS management that they have completely messed up (despite warnings from their own staff). An Admission that the ONLY way out of the mess is with the help of the operational staff. Only then would I consider any changes. (and only then after some LARGE financial reward for doing so).

You might contend that such admissions of incompetance will do nothing to help. You'd be wrong. Morale (and willingness to help) would improve dramatically.

There is an argument that draws a parallel with an alcoholics attending an AA meeting. You cannot be helped until you admit you have a problem. NATS management have yet to admit THEY have a problem. Just bailing them out all the time is akin to giving the alcoholic another drink. Nobody gets any better.

Rgds
BEX