PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Male Cabin Attendants - Your Experience/Knowledge.
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 02:15
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Male Cabin Attendants - Your Experience/Knowledge/Thoughts?

Hi Everyone,

I have been fortunate to chat to a couple of people by PM on here, and they have been very informative. But, I would be interested to know the wider corporate/private communities thoughts on this subject.

I want to make the move from commercial/scheduled flying, into the corporate/private world. I have been doing as much research and looking into doing some stuff to enhance my skills as I can. I have been browsing the internet, looking at job listings when they come up etc... Of course, a high percentage of them are in the middle east, which is fine, apart from a lot of them specify female applicants only, so immediately they are out. I am probably not quite ready to start applying for any positions yet, as I think some things may be better, personally, in about 6 months or so, so this is all for research and future planning/thinking.

I am aware, through a friend and a contact, of a couple of male CC and at least that gives an indication that it is indeed possible to get a position as a male applicant, but it still seems to be a very uncommon role for a man.

I would be very grateful if any of you ladies or gents would be able to share your experience of male attendants working on your aircraft? Directly employed by owners? Through management companies such as TAG?
Are there more men out there than I seem to believe?

I appreciate most of you have a much higher degree of interest in the metal and how it flies, but I would really appreciate your input.

Warm Regards,

TS

Last edited by Tray Surfer; 23rd Mar 2013 at 02:52. Reason: Sorry, spelling error...