PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liar Liar Pants Are On Fire!
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2003, 14:42
The Grooover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately for you trucky, I think it would take years if you wanted to progress with the same company, after all recruitment is not only a costly business, but in the world of ops a very time consuming one also.

No airline or company for that matter enjoys constantly advertising for staff, as it can often incorrectly look as if that company has a high turnover of staff, which in turn puts others off applying and a vicious circle starts to appear for the company concerned. Numerous adverts in flight in a year will guarantee a debate on these here pages about the merits of said company.

I think Viking9's comments are pretty much on the money, and are justifiably what most skilled, experienced tradespeople who take a pride in what they do, because lets make no bones about it ops and crewing is a skilled trade, would feel.

I am not sure what your plans are, but don't go into it if you are half hearted, as in the minutely small world of aviation you never know when those you shaft will turn up when you least want it !

All the best

TG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------