PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help/Advice with Ground Jobs
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2003, 12:27
jmc757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help/Advice with Ground Jobs

Hello, wondering if I could get some help or advice please. I am 18 and in June will sit my A Levels. My real ambition is to become a pilot, and I have extensively researched into the profession, and I realise my situation and the present circumstances, that i should leave this on the 'Back burner' for a while. I have applied to university but have opted for a year out (with an open mind that if i get a job i'm enjoying then I might not go at all).

Therefore, I would like a ground job at an airport (preferably BHX), but my mind just boggles! I don't exactly have a ground job that i have set my heart on, i'm pretty open minded at the moment.

I would'nt mind going into the passenger services side of things but im not exactly sure who to apply to?! When i flew aith AIH a few years ago we had a substantial delay and there was this really nice woman who looked after us all and gave us info etc etc. Now who would she work for? Is it the handling agent, the airline (do charters base staff at airports), or someone has even told me that tour ops themselves base staff at airports (e.g. Thomson, JMC etc). So can anyone help me as to who to apply to?

Furthermore, i wouldnt mind being on the dispatch side of things either, but i realise i can't walk straight into a job in that, and that is the handling agents isn't it??

Any help or advice for me would be greatly appreciated. Whether general or more specific i would be grateful. Or any other suggestions for what i could do?

I realise this may have been a slog to read, and may not have 'flowed' all the well, sorry if thats the case!
thanks

jmc757