PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 07:00
another superlame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting note in todays propoganda email from the dictator Nastysteyn.

He is banging on about the engagement survey but this bit got my attention.

“Provide adequate facilities to provide the world’s best maintenance”
The Engineering Facilities team are currently engaged in several large projects including:
§ Brisbane Heavy Maintenance - Hangar 2 Upgrade;
§ Perth Engineering and Ramp Facilities Upgrade;
§ Darwin Engineering Facilities Upgrade; and
§ Los Angeles Hangar Project.
§ There are several smaller projects across Sydney Jetbase and other ports to improve the facilities and work spaces for our employees.''

The Los Angeles hangar project. This is the first time I have seen or heard anything about it, apart from the rumours that have filtered back from guys who have visited the world of Chandra.

It would be nice for the slash and burn brigade to front the troops and tell us that this is going on. I know we have heard it as a rumour, but to hear them say that it is good for QE as a whole etc.

This bit is also great:

Over the past 12 months within Line Maintenance we’ve invested $2.3million in tooling, equipment and ground support equipment (GSE) with around $1.25 million in purchase orders pending. A further $1million has been spent in Base Maintenance.

Wow you have a fleet of over 150 aircraft and you invested $2.3 mil in tooling and GSE etc. Are we supposed to give him a high 5 or ridicule him because it is such a poor amount considering the amount invested in aircraft.

How about this Chris, invest in a new hangar complex in Sydney? This was to be part of SACLs revamp of the airport.

http://www.aspecthuntley.com.au/asxd...f/01249577.pdf
This spells it out.