PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A400M as a maritime aircraft ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 15:03
Archimedes

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
I think you probably realize that you presented us with a self-contradictory scenario. If I tracked the conversation correctly, you were making fun of one of the assertions of A400M topping off during the mission, but I may have crossed wires on whose posts were up for response.

For those not aware, I'll name no names ... just as with fighters air to air refueling is typically not done while tactically engaged.

That said, I had to laugh at the mental picture you drew.
I was attempting to make the point that we were apparently - and that is the key word, apparently - being presented with the possibility that right in the middle of some fairly important task, it would be entirely acceptable, no matter what the situation, to disappear off to the tanker to refuel, return to where you were and hope that nothing much had changed.

The only 'obvious' alternative to doing this would be to continue to do whatever it was one was doing, such as running in to release weapons and tanking at the same time. Which, of course, is not at all 'obvious' because it's barking mad.

But what I was really endeavouring to suggest that was Keesje's rebuttal of TOFO's point and the curt manner of it was nonsensical - which, I realise, was a complete waste of effort since Keesje is only here to lecture us and isn't open to debate or discussion on anything (MPA, MMA, Colonialism, TTPs, etc, etc, see PPrune, passim).

Last edited by Archimedes; 21st Mar 2013 at 15:04.