PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting your baggage off the belt.
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 11:52
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by radeng
I do find it interesting that if you check in early at Heathrow flying out or flying in, using BA Club Class, they put 'Priority' labels on the bags. That means that they are usually amongst the last out.....Possibly understandable coming back where they use the usual incompetent handling agents such as Menzies, but not going out....
In my experience a priority tag is meaningless no matter which uniform the agent is wearing. They can slap the priority label on any bag they like, but at the end of the day if that bag needs to be loaded elsewhere for weight and balance or any other reason then it won't do much good. There is usually a priority bin or hold, but if that gets full, or needs to me moved for operational reasons then that little orange tag becomes worthless.

When I worked for CO I remember quite a few occurrences where the Priority tagged bags came off dead last because the bin, which was usually full of the heaviest bags or golf bags (as anyone who earns such a tag is usually entitled to carry such baggage free of charge) had to be relocated for weight purposes.