PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet flexicrew
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 10:57
Tiennetti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can I expect such as:
- What advantages (if any) will a relatively epxerienced FO have against a low-hour cadet?
No seniority list, so if you are experienced you can access command process and/or base application when YOU want and not exactly when is your turn. Ovviously your hourly rate will be higher compared to a "cadet"

- net pay
As you are a "self employed", you pay taxes based on what you earn (directly related as how much you work, as you are paid by the hour: 0 hours, 0€... 90h, roughly 7000€) minus the SS contributions. This depends on the amount of expenses you can declare to lower your taxabñe amount) Over the past 11 months i have a gross of 55000Pounds over a net of roughly 43000Pounds.
This varies a little depending on the base, but expect the summer to be 85h, and around 45 in winter (with 200h assured over the 4 winter months)

- selection process
Group excercises, Tech Quiz, Interview, Sim Check

- basing
What exactly? Flexicrew are now based only in UK (all over). Generally stable, your contract implies that they can change your base on a notice of 3 months

- rostering
Variable.... Expect a roughly 5-3/4 during the summer with 2 longs or 4 short sectors day, while in winter can be anything (again depends a little on the base you are) but expect around 15 to 20 days off a month in winter

- Is it true that I may be stand down for low season?
I believe it happened for the first time this year, and to 40 cadets

- What allowances are offered and what do i have to cover my self?
Nothing offered, all by you (starting from uniform)

- Pension, loss of licence, medical?
Nothing

- Any other info you deem appropriate one should know before applying
Time to a permanent contract is not guaranteed, is now around 18 to 24 months or even longer...