PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet flexicrew
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 10:38
Zedez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently Parc flexi-crew for easyJet, and have been for two years, joining as a cadet.

-The only advantage you have is you will get paid more per hour vs a cadet. Over 1500 hours pay is approx £67 per hour vs cadet £50.
-Net pay really depends on how many hours you fly, average seems to be approx 700 hours per year.
-I'm not sure as to what an experienced pilot's selection involves, as a cadet we had a computer based skills test and interview with ezy training capt.
-Basing seems to be a bit of a lottery, you can be based anywhere depending on ezy requirements, however gatwick is usually where most end up as is biggest base. You can swap base with another similar experienced cadet if offered once you start.
-Rostering is on a flexible roster. You could have 1 day off or 7. You won't work more then 5 days in a row usually.
-Sadly yes, last winter some f/o's were stood down for 3 months, but as far as I am aware it was cadets only. Could be wrong tho!
-easyJet will not cover any expense. Medical, loss of license and pension all left up to you. No sick pay, all leave unpaid also.
-you are paid for standbys(at a lower rate) and positioning and night stops.

Hope this helps.