PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me decide what aircraft to buy.
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 10:33
rpetersson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Some of the airplanes suggested can sustain 200kts but not at a reasonable power setting - you'll eat your engine running over 75% - assuming that you want to make your TBO."

-Glasair III ( And i think i wrote 180-200 kts in my requirements.?)
75% at 8,000 ft 258 mph / 224 knots 65% at 8,000 ft 248 mph / 216 knots

"Are you a pilot - do you know anything about aircraft? No 200kt airplane can be an LSA."

- Yes I have hold my PPL certificate for almost 2 years now. Renewal coming up in May for SEP. However i did not know about the maximum speed for LSA, thanks for enlighting me!

"No 200kt airplane can be 'economic' in absolute terms - it can be economic compared to other 200kt airplanes."

- Well this depends on how you look at things. If i often visit my relatives in Sweden about 200 nm away. In a PA28 thats 5520 NOK. (calculating rougly 4 hours) there and back.

If i make the same trip with the same fuel cost in a Glasair i would cut my trip cost in half cruising at 8000 feet.

+ That i can run the Glasair on MOGAS.

"Overall - if you're planning long trips - all of Easy Jet's fleet will meet all of your criteria and so, so, so much cheaper! "

- Yes, and your point beeing? Thats like saying I can take the train instead of driving my car. I dont understand your argument.