PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet flexicrew
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 09:55
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amark16 - I am not flexicrew but do work for easyJet. If you are working for another southern European carrier, particularly in Cyprus at the current time, and you have a chance to come to easyJet you should grab the opportunity with both hands. There are literally hundreds of pilots (if not thousands) who would give their right arm to work there and the only way to a permanent contract is through the flexicrew scheme - there is no other. The first two years will be a pain in the neck, but it will frankly still be better than who you are working for now, unless it is a national carrier of a large country.

Be warned, the sim ride has a high failure rate, so make sure you can do raw data ILSs, EFATOs etc to a good standard. What amazes me is the number of pilots who turn up to such a key event with virtually no preparation.

EasyJet is not perfect, but it is way better than Ryanair. It is about as financially secure as any airline around. You will fly brand new Airbus's in a very safety-conscious environment with some great people. My strong advice is to go for it.