PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air, a message from the Safety Manager
Old 21st Mar 2013, 09:32
samasama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Susi Air, a message from the Safety Manager

Gentlemen,

I do not understand why we do not follow the DGCA Regulation and our Company manuals. Are they only for other operators? Are we special? Do we have some special waver from God? I don't know. But, what I do know, is the Regulations are minimum standards. They are in-place to protect the General public that pay good money to be safely carried from point A to point B.

I find many of our flight and ground crews have taken up the Culture of Asia. "Any Rule can be broken" The young Pilots and Engineers have become so ingrained with the motto "Profit with no consideration for safety" that we WILL have another accident. Why we have not had one before now is unreal to me.

If you want examples; "We can't write in the Tech Log because it will ground the aircraft" "We must fly in IMC conditions because we could not operate this intense a schedule if we don't." "It's OK to exceed Duty and Flight limitations. If we didn't we could not support the flying schedule." "If we need to fly on the 7th day Duty, why not! And if we are given an extra $100 so much the better."

You guys are exposing yourself and your passengers to unnecessary risks. I hear everyone scream when they are not paid on time or are not paid what is due. How about showing the same intensity when asked to violate a Regulation or Rule. What you learn here will stay with you the rest of your flying career. The good and bad.

This is my last attempt to save someones life. On the 13th of March I leave and go back into retirement.

Please think Safety all the time,

XXX XXXXXX