PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oshkosh 2013 . . .
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 04:30
airspace alpha

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Jaba, if you took that video from the international tent I was probably standing beside you.

To get an understanding of the true size of Oshkosh go to Google earth- the current imagery is dated 25 July 2011 and shows Airventure in all its glory- check out how aircraft are often parked by type: Dc3's, warbirds, jet warbirds, Varieze's, etc etc. Last year of course it was Piper cubs and an astounding field of Vans RV's. I had seen a couple in Australia but they were there literally by the acre. And incidentally the huge number of sand camouflaged vehicles on the eastern side visible in GE and also on most show images are ex-military equipment for sale. I happened across a driver who was saying humungous armour-plated graders with 'only a few scratches" used in mine-clearing in Iraq were going for a song.

If you are not taking a car then the EAA shuttle bus goes from Blackhawk common at the Uni directly to the site- and from there they have shuttle buses also going to Kmart/Target etc. it is, as has been said, incredibly well organised.

A few things newish on the EAA website: Firstly a basic list of available workshops at : EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - Workshops

Second the international tent has moved a block north to make way for the show stage that is now on the edge of the apron.

Thirdly, prices for joyrides are: B17 $409 advanced purchase, Trimotor $75 walk up, Bell 47 $49 walk up- the best value of the show.