PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wollongong fatal crash March 2013
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2013, 02:11
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Unhappy Wollongong fatal crash March 2013

Sydney Morning Herald

Four people have been killed in a helicopter crash at Bulli Tops in Wollongong’s northern suburbs.
Police, paramedics and firefighters are heading to Panorama House where the helicopter crashed just after midday.
A NSW Ambulance spokesman would only say there were "multiple" fatalities, however Fairfax Media understands four people have died.
Panorama House is a function centre set on a cliff overlooking the Illawarra, and is a popular wedding location.

The chopper that crashed is believed to have been carrying a wedding party. One of those killed is believed to be a child.
The helicopter burst into flames when it crashed into a grassed clearing outside Panorama House, police said.
There are no survivors.
A crime scene has been set up at Panorama House and police have launched an investigation into the incident.
The Robinson R44 helicopter is registered to Bankstown Helicopters.
A spokeswoman at the company's headquarters said no one was immediately available for comment.
Bulli man Norm Upton was driving home from Sydney when he saw the helicopter engulfed in flames.

He told the Illawarra Mercury he was travelling south along Mount Ousley and saw the helicopter on its side.

‘‘I was about 200 yards away and I saw people running around,’’ he said.

‘‘It wasn’t exactly what I wanted to see on my way back.’’
Police said a report would be prepared for the coroner.