PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2013, 20:04
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
cokecan, I feel your pain, given that I had to do a lot of work with the USAF while I was in the USN.
One of the focus areas for the 422nd TES will be operational testing to develop tactics for the aircraft and pilots.
OK, straightforward enough, once they figure out the color and logo on their ascots.
The second priority of the warfare center is integrating the capabilities of air, space and cyberspace to achieve greater warfighting effect in the battlespace.
Uh, what was that again? Are we gonna overwhelm the enemy with buzzwords?
The final warfare center's priority is to use the triad of live flying, virtual or simulator flying, and the constructive or synthetic threats and battlespace to test and develop tactics and conduct advanced training of future leaders using the F-35A.
Trying to translate that into English. In Navese, I think it means "train the way you expect to fight" but I may have missed a few idiomatic, and idiotic, tidbits of Air Force jargon there.
Nellis is scheduled to receive 36 F-35A Lightning IIs by 2020.
I guess we wouldn't want to be hasty, seeing as how it is currently 2013. How many will they have crashed by then, I wonder?

I think I discovered the source of Global Warming. The fusion of the LM and Air Force PR machines.