PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2003, 23:59
Spike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

shandyman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You said " it was the briefing officers that suggested that there was a serious lack of confidence amongst the trades in the leadership and upon recognition of this problem it was decided that action would be taken to remedy the problem"

NOTHING PERSONAL; CHOSEN FROM A CAST OF .....

Yes, I have attended the brief and I cannot understand why NCA - (okay, I am now on the "dark side") - knock almost EVERYTHING that is sent to try and improve our/your lot. I am now commissioned - and therefore detached in some/many people's view - but those who know me (some of you may recognize the nomenclature), know it takes a lot to rile me and, hopefully, realize that I do not type the following lightly.

RANT ON:

Many of you, again, are doing the NCA World an immense dis-service; the offer of a change of direction, however it is sold must not be seen as downbeat and nothing more than a pessimistic solution. There is positive in the recent review and it offers a new course of action to you as NCA. It is for you to take on this "offer" and make something of it; only then, finally and deservedly, will you achieve pay parity and avoid the "pay banding" discord! The empowerment (made up business phrase) of the NCA Cadre must now offer a positive future - if you are willing to take the plunge and work to make it succeed. Our/Your Overlords have punted for safety and set out the future. It is certainly better than some futures that might have been implemented! You must see that this future, now set, is somewhat more positive, for the majority, than that previously offered.

You have little choice if you do not agree with the decision of the AFB...TOUGH. It is the new reality. This is THE future path and, as compared to that that could have been offered, it is workable? I hope and believe so.
For once you must try to work for a common future - the proactive successful and forward thinking NCA progression - it is now a possibility, not just a "dream" as it may have seemed a few years ago. I "Wait out".....

left one o clock - Well said!