PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most GA friendly country in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2013, 14:49
maehhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P.S. Anyone know what Germany, Poland or other bits of Eastern Europe are like (or Spain for that matter) ??
In my humble opinion Germany is actually a very pleasant place for GA flying(did most of my hours here). Most airspace below FL100 is class G & E, there is no class A & B and VFR crossings of class C & D are usually not an issue (last year I was even cleared to cross Frankfurt CAS VFR right overhead the runways at FL80... it is Europe's third busiest airport after all!)

ATC is in my experience relaxed and helpful, use of larger airports with airline traffic is not an issues at all except from Munich and Frankfurt. Flight plans are not required for VFR regardless if you just bimble around, want to fly in controlled airspace or want to cross the German border. Few exemptions are for example aerobatics in CAS or NVFR.

The only really annoying thing is the 'Flugleiterpflicht' at uncontrolled airports which often limits the opening hours at smaller fields. The number of airfields is good 'tho, except from Bavaria maybe

Last edited by maehhh; 20th Mar 2013 at 15:47.