PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oshkosh 2013 . . .
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2013, 12:10
Pedota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again everyone for your contributions . . . I am starting to get the picture about what to do and expect.

ChrisJ800 – I considered the home stay option (including with some friends of a mate in Fond du lac but thought it was all a bit personal) and in any event I still needed to get to OSH every day. Maybe I should just chill and enjoy the ribs, parties and shows.

Jaba I HEAR YOU BUT I HOPE YOU ARE WRONG about the Jeit day on Thursday. We’ll see . . . but I won’t be hanging around in Dayton as I am heading to Europe on (another) motor cycling tour a couple of days after I get home to Oz – retirement is such a wonderful thing and I can indulge myself whenever I want!

Asrian – thanks for the advice about the dorm rooms – it will remind me of my own university days many years ago. I am well prepared for the worst of American food, thanks! And I think I might head to the Air Museum on the Sunday morning as well, so thanks for that hint.

Ohnutsiforgot – what a great moniker! Hopefully I can create some of my own memories like sitting on the grass and watching the planes depart and eating a special food. I am prepared for the mid-west August thunderstorms and will bring a brollie and rain jacket. I agree with you (and others) about American food . . . my own very own basic lunch creations will be infinitely better. And a Target (or Wal-Mart) fan is definitely on my shopping list when I arrive – along with the portable chair.

Maybe I will be one of the ‘soft ones’ looking for a room next year Ranga . . . I’m already overwhelmed by the too many options for this year!

Cheers

Pedota

Last edited by Pedota; 20th Mar 2013 at 12:16. Reason: Incompetence