PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jump/no Jump to Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2013, 11:36
gipilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jump/no Jump to Hong Kong

Hi Guys,

7 years here in Cx and been hearing :"go to HKG, that's where the money is" for like a million times. I'm based in EU and starting to wonder if I have to make the big step. One of the facts are that by leaving your base you will never get it back, we all know that bases are a thing of the past but also I recently made some calculations and I still can't figure out why going to hkg is so beneficial to us.

So was wondering if some of you can give me your ideas on the questions I have about coming to hkg.

1. Is there any point in renting a house in hkg if there is no rent protection and the owner can jack up prices anyway he wants after a year?

2. The lucrative thing in hkg was buying property, with the latest stamp duty and housing prices, is there any point in buying something if you are an average person coming to hkg with no extra $$$?

3. Any of you guys that came from a base to hkg. Lifestyle wise...did your life improve? I guess 90% of us lived in a bigger house abroad and off course in hkg it's a (massive) difference, does that change in square feet influence you??

Really appreciate the tips and answers guys, Ciaoo