PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headsets for bizjets, which one?
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2013, 10:25
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best is the Bose A20. I used to fly with a Bose X, but after 10 years it was time to replace it with the new version of it, the A20. It is great, you can plugin your IPod or whatever and relax when you are in cruise. What I do not like is the combination of a Bose QC and a uFlyMike. Those colleagues, who use them, end up having distorted voices, it must be an issue with the microphone and the intercom, at least on our type of aircraft (F2000EASy). The A20 is just perfect: it does not weigh a lot, it is astonishingly quiet and as a result you feel fresh at the end of a long day. Those business jets are noisy and it is much easier to pickup ATC-instructions when you can hear the controller crystal clear, so less concentration is needed for this task. The 2 AA-batteries last for many hours, sometimes I fly two tours (of 6 days) without exchanging my rechargeable batteries, great! Go and test a Bose A20 and compare it to a Telex 850. I never liked the Telex 850, because it does push onto my ears that start to hurt after an hour or two. The Bose (or any other large headset sits around your ear and not on it. If I were you, I'd rather invest a bit more money into a decent pair of headsets (or ask your employer/owner to do it, it is for his safety!). This way you will protect your health: less stress, less fatigue, less damage to your ears.

Last edited by EatMyShorts!; 20th Mar 2013 at 10:27.