PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Repetition of limit G-factor
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2013, 21:37
Brian Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very upset that flying guys have distorted understanding of the structures they are riding on and still believe in "taking an aircraft to its limit load as often as you wish on any flight".
The following is a quote taken from an aviation text
The airplane in flight is limited to a regime of airspeeds and g's which do not exceed the limit (or redline) speed, do not exceed the limit load factor, and cannot exceed the maximum lift capability. The airplane must be operated within this "envelope" to prevent structural damage and ensure that the anticipated service lift of the airplane is obtained. The pilot must appreciate the V/g diagram as describing the allowable combination of airspeeds and load factors for safe operation. Any maneuver, gust, or gust plus maneuver outside the structural envelope can cause structural damage and effectively shorten the service life of the airplane
The following is a typical V-n diagram

What reference are you able to provide ASIP that operating at the limit load is a no no. We all recognise that pulling "g" impacts fatigue life, so please correct our, or I should say, mine, distorted thinking.