PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2013, 20:06
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shambollic – or Shambollics ?.

Rumours in the wind:

1) Much derision from the court, but the witness stuck with that despite the ambulance reports to the contrary.

2) The witness mentioned other medical files kept within CASA, on pilots. This grabbed everyone's attention. These files while never present previously, are apparently in the Coroners office, but could not be used until they were mentioned in the proceedings. They will be part of Friday's hearing.

3) Counsel asked the witness that given everything said, would a recommendation to cancel Hempel 's licence be issued.. the witness said NO, it would have still been issued under certain circumstances. Counsel sat down flabbergasted as the witness tried to explain this statement. The coroner told the witness basically to shut up. One Counsel declined to question his witness.

Can't wait for the transcript, that will greatly assist in laying to rest the rumours. Apparently Counsel Assisting deserves a Choccy frog and a gold star for an excellent day's work.

Oh, while I'm at it, thanks P3 for the 161/07 instrument. Raises more questions than answers of course. The 'War-birds' angle is fascinating. It is difficult to join all the dots from the QPS report but it seems we have War-bird 'phantom' witnesses x two (I can't confirm that from the script I have; but there is at least one); offers of ex Navy divers to raise the Yak; and Instruments (161/07) being issued at what seems to be an 'awkward' time. All curiously intriguing.

Last edited by Kharon; 19th Mar 2013 at 20:09.