PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar (Doha) ATC for new Airport
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2013, 19:42
CuitoCuanavale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The package at Doha is an everevolving dynamic, as is Qatar itself. Frustrations exist, but I dare say, thatwill be experienced by anyone under the title expat in any part of the world.

The package in Doha is alwaysimproving and is now competitive and will continue to improve. SERCO islong-standing in its history of service delivery and naturally people willdefault to them as a benchmark…absolutely nothing wrong with that…perfectlynormal. However, before making any move to Qatar ensure you are well informedon exactly what you are committing to.

This may sound like I am statingthe obvious…however I have sooo many times over the years witnessed adults,carried by the utopia of getting a Job Offer, sign on the proverbial dottedline… arrive happy and breathless in the country and as soon as the honeymoonof arriving in a new country loses its veneer…launch into diatribe afterdiatribe about how awful the working conditions are, how bad the salary is, howbad the accommodation is, how awful the shifts are … ad-infinitum… ALL…withoutexception, information that was front and center for them to garner in order tobase a decision on.

Simply put, and this I wouldimagine is generic in its application, there are 3 main characteristics youshould have before even thinking of coming to the Middle East…let alone Qatar;

1) Maturity…obviousI know, but oooh boy does this one manifest itself as controversial on aregular basis.

2) Adaptability.Simply stated…a good attitude.

3) SelfDiscipline.

Skill attestation is part of theapplication process.

No working environment in theworld is perfect. Subjectivity will never allow that to happen…if in doubt;have a chat to the likes of Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Richard Branson etc, etc…

As a controller in Doha you willbe challenged on many levels, of that I can assure you. It is a country in astate of self discovery and world recognition as it takes its place on theeconomical stage as a key player and policy maker.