PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security- An Inside view
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2003, 18:27
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be frank, I don't think you have any grasp on reality...so you have sweated a couplke of drops of blood have you to check references, which are oh so easy to flasify. To check with previous empolyers which of course can't ever be invented. As opposed to a Police/Customs or immigration officer, who has been vetted properly with full access to goverment records and the Police National Computer. Just for your information, Security at Heathrow do not bow and scrape at Police (I can vouch for that first hand, being an ex Heathrow Police Officer), in fact they were obstructive to us to. Being a aviator does not make you immune from security checks just as it doesn't mean you can't drive at 90 in a 30 limit, shoplift or have too much to drink before you fly. All of tha above being things I have dealt with pilots cabin crews and engineers for. Secuirty at some airports may be full of jobs worths but there is sod all point in acting as a child and saying well they don't have to do it why should I.