PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family building own airport in QLD
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2013, 22:36
alphacentauri

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Jack, as a service provider don't they have a responsibility to protect and maintain the level of service currently being provided? I'm talking approaches and airspace. AsA provides the approaches at YBOK and YTWB. Don't they have an obligation to those aerodromes to tell the Wellcamp mob to go somewhere else? There has been no confirmed info that YTWB is actually closing. Do we penalise YTWB or YBOK for the aerodrome? I would sugge st both locations would rather we didn't

Same goes for defence. Don't they also have an obligation to their masters to protect their airspace?

Yes AsA does have input into placing of aerodromes in the west. Previously advice has been ignored and now the predicament is 3 aerodromes all within a bees dick of one another and due confliction, approaches only available at 2 of them.

I'm all for new infrastructure, god knows we need it. But you have to be sensible about it, and too much about this development doesn't make alot of sense. The upside is at least its not taxpayer funded....yet

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android