PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Validation............
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2003, 15:23
Bluebeard2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with all of the above, but there are some things to consider (personal recent experience):

Some people's interpretation of the 1 hour p/ut is that it should include a set content (stalls, PFLs, steep turns etc)
I believe a guide to this has been issued as an AIC - but it is not mandatory, so if you just want to spend that hour spinning then that should be fine.
You will also need to get the instructor to sign-of that 1 hour p/ut in your logbook to confirm that you are vaguely competent. Given that this implies you are a safe pilot, the instructor might want to do some of the guide content anyway.
The 1 hour p/ut must be able to be logged as a single flight - you can't do 55 mins. and than 5 mins. to qualify.
I was advised by my club that there was a set form of words to be recorded in the logbook for that qualifying hour eg "I am happy that J.Bloggs is a jolly good chap under JAR". Just in case anyone else asks for this, I rang the CAA and they told me there was no stipulation for this at all, a signature will do.
BTW, my 1 hour was part of my tailwheel conversion, for which a signature was required anyway.