PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR 'forgot' to get landing clearance!
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2013, 13:02
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RYR forgot to get landing clearance

JammedStab

I have no problem with what you suggest.

What I wanted to do, with my original reply, was to highlight that this incident was not necessarily catastrophic & that there was, perhaps, no necessity to go into print & make a big deal out of it, or to sensationalise it in any way.

On the occasions in which I witnessed this sort of event, this was certainly the case. But, as you say, it would have been practical to transmit a landing clearance before the a/c had landed.

Having ascertained that there was no danger resulting from "landing without a clearance", I was simply curious to discover whether the pilot realised his mistake & would make a belated request to land.

Nevertheless, I do feel that a quiet word (in these circumstances) is much more beneficial than taking an official, & officious, line & unleashing the full gamut of admonishment & blame which, so often, occurs nowadays - when everyone feels the need to "cover their arses" when the probable involvement of SRG etc. is potentially involved; & to go into print on the matter.

I am so glad that my carrer spanned the years when, what I consider, "common sense" was the most important factor in ATC.