PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2013, 11:13
extrasafe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Through to Stage 3

Did my Stage 2 FEAST and DART Friday and have just been invited to Stage 3 this morning. 30 people at the start of the day, 20 left before the DART. Really felt I had failed the DART, but maybe I was being too hard on myself. I had 2 conflicts, 2 warnings and a couple radial errors. The warnings I corrected, one conflict I corrected the other kind of threw me. Considering you should go in with no preparation, a couple mistakes in 2 hours is not all bad.

I made no preparations for FEAST and DART, as recommended by others, as I wanted to make sure I was a natural fit rather than wasting my own time as well as NATS if I made it through and didn't get along with the training.

I went in to the NATS application with the "I'm either good enough or not, it doesn't matter how it goes" mindset, now it's becoming harder to keep that mindset.

Also, my email states "The day's programme will consist of an interview, and scenario based questions." Is there no group assessment? As the times provided state 8:15 until 3:30 that would be one epic interview without one. Stage 3 is this Friday, I don't think I can get a visit to an aerodrome in before then.

Last edited by extrasafe; 18th Mar 2013 at 14:05.