PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN AUSTRALIA EBA
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2013, 06:32
Capt Basil Brush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a different thread (vbpilots website) where I got a bit side-tracked;

They would not have been happy with the 'darker' side of the EBA being pointed out to all those who may not have read it closely, or understood it properly.

They attempted to rush the last one through before the Skywest buy-out and Tiger shareholding (and huge management bonuses) were announced. The full ramifications of this wont be known now until after this EBA goes through, as there are new clauses in there that facilitate "Major Changes" to the companies advantage.

By the end of the agreement an Ejet Line Capt (around 100 seats) will be on 185K base. I am not saying that is being overpaid, however a bean-counter or CEO with other (cheaper) crewing options (Skywest) will! Can someone enlighten us to what a Skywest F100 (ageing aircraft, around 100 seats) Line Captain earns??

Meanwhile in the agreement, there is nothing (ok, maybe minimal) in it for 737 pilots - who are the bulk of the existing crew who have not had a payrise since 2011. Not even CPI last year due to management bully-boy tactics, and not bargaining in good faith. A330 and Ejet are in line for good payrises, which is fair enough.

The Ejet may well stay in the fleet, but who will crew it in the future??

Ïf Tiger go to 35 A320's (they will have to fly them somewhere, and there are not THAT many new routes), and there are more ATR's to come - what will happen to existing VA routes, frequencies and expansion??

I am not advocating a NO vote, each pilot will have to decide themselves which way they will vote. At the end of the day, the company will do whatever it likes regardless.