PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink - Recruitment and Progression
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2013, 04:52
Bugsmash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantaslink - Recruitment and Progression

I've read most of the previous threads on QLink for recruitment and progression, so have a reasonably good idea of the benefits and unhappiness that comes with the job. I'm considering throwing my mid 40s well paid job with the internal office and no window for a gig in general and/or regional aviation - at least aircraft have windows.

I'm looking for an update on recruitment and progression - preferably from someone in the know.

1. What hours are 1st officers generally being recruited at for direct entry?

I appreciate that they take a wide range of people from direct entry and two types of traineeships and that recruitment is dependent upon the all types of testing etc.. But, what is the amount of hours that they really start to consider you at? I haven't heard of anyone getting a gig with only 700 total time - but it might happen. I expect that it is more likely to be 1500hrs min with 3 CIR renews.

Any ideas?

2. What is the expected time for progression to CPT?

Again, I appreciate that this all depends on where the vacancies are and what the market is doing, but just wanting to know whether captain within 5 years is possible.

3. Melbourne Basing

Finally, with recruitment spots more prevelant in Qld and NSW, how difficult and competitive is it to get a Melbourne slot and does this slow progression to CPT? I expect that CPT would need to be obtained in another base and then transfer when a vacancy exists. So how much movement is there in Melbourne? I understand that Mildura is pretty static.

I'm looking at Qlink, as I'm in my 40s and if I ever got into jets, I think it would be a career as a 1st officer (nothing wrong with that though..).

Cheers,

Bugsmash