PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 18th Mar 2013, 04:37
ABBOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAE Cost Of Living

My kids are about old enough to be looking after the parents now, but I am hearing that the education allowance pays for around ten or eleven months of the years education depending on school.

Housing, rents are on the up. Owners are being contacted by agents now offering increased rent deals. A three bed plus maid in the Al Reems is now up to AED 180,000 for lakeside, 170,000 for parkside and 160,000 for a back to back. Electricity and water adding up to an average of 1,500 per month. You are responsible for repairs, so maintainable contract between 4,000 and 6,000 per annum.

Cars, take ex- vat euro price for new purchase for new items. Finance at around 2.5. %. Deposit 20%. Some lower deposit deals around for less in demand models.

I monitor cost of living fairly closely, my database showing 21% rid over last 33 months. For foodstuffs, over all, about euro price plus 28%.

Drink, EPC discount price for budget wine per bottle AED 35. 3 litre box AED 80, 24 tins of beer, AED 150 & a brand name bottle AED 120.

Petrol AED 172 per litre. Car insurance AED 4,000 per Annum, registration and odd fine budget AEd 3,600 per Annum.

Staff travel with EK can be trick on popular routes, watch out for high cargo figures on what look like lightly loaded destinations. EK cargo takes precedence over FZ staff.

Living, horses for courses. I am very much into diving, desert driving, camping, hiking, climbing, etc. so get on well here. Fortunately my family have similar interests and also thrive.

Can get a little warm in the summer, so watch out if you are a cold blood.

UAE and Oman are very liberal Islamic states. Qatar, Saudi and Kuwait somewhat less so. Bahrain is in the middle these days.

So, living can be good if you the environment suites you. Costly, in the early stages with a minimal relocation allowance definitely yes! I transferred 60,000 Euros across to ease the transition.

Hope this helps.