PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB Pilots website
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2013, 22:15
Vorsicht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am concerned that my details were passed onto a 3rd party without any request for permission. Clearly the new moderator (whoever it is) has access to all that information because i have received an email from them.

In my view it would be proper for the new owner/moderator to declare themselves so that there is an element of legitimacy to the site.

I notice that in the email i received the owners described themselves as "we".

My information that one of the "we" is likely to be a management pilot. That does not mean it is being run as management tool, it just creates uncertainty.

Given the likelihood of it being who i think it is, I would suggest 'clueless enthusiasm' being the motivator rather than anything sinister. However it would take a strongly principled individual with a good amount of integrity to ignore knowledge obtained via the website if it overlapped with Management objectives.

My experience is that Virgin Flight Ops does not have a culture of strong principles or integrity. In fact, i believe there is a court case running at present that reflects exactly that.

Last edited by Vorsicht; 17th Mar 2013 at 22:17.