PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - converting to UK medical
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2013, 21:09
Sagit89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
been there

By conversion of medical you mean State of Licence Issue change (and you should remember the phrase).

What you need to do is to go to caa.co.uk and find medical section there and there find a contact e-mail (or call them). E-mail (or call) them explaining your situation and they will provide you with the list of instructions.

The State of Licence Change with re-issue of the Class I certificate takes (apperently oficially) 13 (possibly working) days. They will require all the tests from the last check and most (if not all) tests from the initial test with the comments from your State's NAA doctor. So it means you have to contact your NAA as well to speed up the process (or even to make it possible at all).

All the documents which require translation to English should be translated and you have to pay for it (you will have to ask about it UK CAA though). The cost of Class I re-issue is 75 pounds.

You have to be careful though, EASA creates minimum requirements for Class I checks which does not mean that each State has to comply with it, therefore each state can make it tougher (for example Lithuania and Italy have extra tests than UK one), but some of the States are not compatible with UK CAA one, like Bulgaria, although I might be mistaken.

All together including sending of the documentation process it took me about 5 months of e-mail discussions. But as soon as they receive all the documents they work quite quick.

While it is in process you still have your original Class I Medical and when you receive UK CAA one you simply have 2 and both of them are active.

I might be wrong at some parts, but my knowledge is based on what I just went through, which is quite limited by e-mail discussions. Just don't hesitate to e-mail or call them and be polite.

Hope it helped you.

Last edited by Sagit89; 17th Mar 2013 at 21:11.