PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2013, 17:12
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may impact LTN which is why I think they have yet to open a BHX base. Expanding at one place at the expense of another seems to be the trend with EasyJet. SEN growth has drastically reduced STN flights (13 a/c in 2011, only 8 in 2013) and MAN expansion has left LPL with 2 less aircraft this year.

I don't know the exact figures but isn't BHX quite a high cost airport hence why there isn't already an EZY base and FR seem to have stagnated with 4 aircraft with the bulk of its growth at EMA.

With pratically every other major carrier in the UK (FR, BE, LS, ZB, TOM and TCX) all having bases in EMA, EZY have well and truely lost any chance of re-opening a base there.

The fact that BE and ZB both have a very large operation in BHX as well as TOM and TCX where BHX is one of their main bases along with the FR basing 4 a/c, is there enough demand for EZY in open a base in BHX?

I'm not ruling it out, just speculating. It would be great news. It would save going to LTN to get any decent range of EZY flights for us in the Midlands, but the Midlands is still quite well served without them.