PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2013, 16:40
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyjet

I would say the rumours originally were before Christmas after the BFS started and the Madrid base closing but it all went quiet in the New Year.

Surely this year they have missed the optimum time of a January announcement for a May or June start and as chaps2011 stated where would the aircraft come from?

I know easyjet are not shy at removing them from other bases and of course they do have a few more units due this year but I am not sure how many are already allocated (MAN/EDI) and how many more are to leave.

I have to agree with LAX_LHR that anything above three seems unlikely.

I think easy are the missing-link at BHX in terms of short-haul flights but personally a few more non-based in the short-term would be a start.

Geneva averaged 90% and fares seemed to be reasonable to high other than Feb half-term when they were expensive within a few weeks after release.

BFS is getting the numbers although still way below the easyjet network wide load factor but 74% in February is not bad although admit fares were soft until a week before departure (sometimes less on Tues & Wednesday flights).

Pete

Obviously not too late for July/August but time is ticking

Last edited by OltonPete; 17th Mar 2013 at 16:46. Reason: added text