PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The next one to try
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2013, 00:36
nomorecatering

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
As I write this post, I;m sitting in a friends housein bendigo and we have been talking about this proposal all morning. My friend recokons that Bendigo to Melb wont be a goer as its quicker to drive. However, he does say that the Bendigo ppulation is crying out for a dirsct service to Sydney, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Brisie.

Why cant the gov develop these routes, get Sharps with their metro's, give them a start up development subsidy and a protected route designation for 5 years. The gov is quick to throw billions of $ at the car industry. Why not transport.

My mate says the BDG population travels extensively, he himself makes 6-10 trips to sydney each year alone and most of his friends have similar travel requirements.

Only problem is that some serious $ would need to be spent on BGD airport for an apron and terminal and another 400m of runway. But it would be money well spent, we asa country have to get out of this malaise we have and start building, fostering and encouraging development and progress.