PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIRGIN AUSTRALIA EBA
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2013, 23:20
Open Descent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gday Psycho J

If have indeed read and then re-read the FAQ's, in particular the section regarding 'principally' with regards to the 330 operation.

I take your point that the company 'could' roster the crew for a 14 hr TOD with a two man crew, however, the example given in the same FAQ's gives an example of why the case you suggest wont happen as well. From a personal point of view I have yet to see the company exploit the current working conditions, so Im not prepared to expect them to do any different this time around.

You are quite correct though in saying it comes down to interpretation, I guess I see it a little differently.

I believe Ad Astra was making a similar point to the one I made in my earlier post with regards to this example as well. Under certain conditions we can already be rostered for a 14hr TOD with two crew on a single sector day. The company 'can' do it, but i've yet to see it, and this is pertaining to an agreement that has been around since 2007.
I'm also pretty sure he has read and understands the document in front of him, more so than a lot of people if some of the posts here are anything to go by!