PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation XLS Handling
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2013, 21:49
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have more than 1000 hrs on that, but that is the only business jet I have flown, so not much room for comparisons.

Not as pleasant to fly as you would think. Still good, do not get me wrong, but not great.
It clearly should have had double wheels (see Citation III/VI/VII): during the take off roll and landing roll with wet runways you would like a more stable feeling.
Due to the movable stabilizer the initial climb is a continous fight with the trim: you need to use some strenght to keep it there. Forget to use two thumbs to fly the damn thing in the beginning of the climb out. The tail takes forever to move to the "cruise" position.
Do not use FLC change with AP on, unless you want your pax to vomit all over the cabin, which tends to piss off the hosties most of the time.
Good climb performance, but keep in mind that 430/450 most of the time is useless to reach, provided that you can get there (depending on ISA and weight).
Due to the straight wings it comes down like a brick in descent: if you need speedbrakes you really have ****** up the descent planning (or ATC has).
During approach... not as easy as a CJ I am told, not as speed stable at least.

For the rest... enjoy! It is still a brilliant plane to fly.

Cheers!