PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oshkosh 2013 . . .
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2013, 21:42
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For some relaxation time, visit the Seaplane base by (free) yellow school bus; worth a visit. It's a nice spot away from the sun and somewhat cooler.

Register for the international night at the international visitors tent where they will advise which night it's on. Get there early and drink lots. You will meet ppruners and probably not know it until you get back to Aus.

There is a system at the international tent where you can write your name and message on the visitors board where you can try and establish contact with other ppruners.

Buy a member ticket if you are going to be there the whole time as you'll get the paper version of the eaa magazine sent to your Aussie address for a year which is good value and of course it's always good to support them. Probably works out about the same as buying a full price non member ticket given the length of your stay.

I reckon the B29 flight would trump the T Motor.

Forums are good, plan your day carefully so as to not miss them and write down your plan or time will slip by and you'll miss out.

The headline concert should be good. One year recently it was the Beach Boys an when I went it was Chicago.

The yacht club on the edge of the lake was a nice place for a quite beer and to meet the locals or people from anywhere in the world. I met some Aussie-American's from Ballina.

Enjoy.

Last edited by VH-XXX; 16th Mar 2013 at 21:44.