PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 16th Mar 2013, 20:28
nut turner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to the meeting on Wednesday hopeful to hear how it was going, I was confident after listening to a member who went to the earlier meeting. I must say I was dissappointed, no real answers to questions and nothing to give me confidence we were moving forward.

The Fed Sec mentioned on this forum about cutting 380 numbers back to 24 and announcements next month but said nothing about it at the meeting.
There were vague references to the grand plan but nothing confirmed. If he has any information then he needs to share it.
If he wants to make comment on a public forum but wont back it up with facts then don't make them.

I was also dissappointed when several questions were raised but the Sec waffled around but gave no real answer.

He once again raised the fatigue issue as if it was a new issue, however he still hasn't answered my last question as why its taken the Association so long to bring this issue to a head. His lack of response is curious.
If he wants CASA to take peoples licences away or have Qantas discipline people, why now and not in 2009 when this issue was raised.

By the way I do support a great deal of what the Sec is doing, but don't start acting like a politician, answer the questions clearly and don't throw bombshells into the forum without backing it up.