PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for an N reg paperwork expert
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2013, 12:06
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for an N reg paperwork expert

I am updating my logbooks to record changing my bog standard 8:00x6 tyres for the Alaskan Bushwheels . From reading on the net what self maintenance an owner is allowed to do, tire changing is amongst the list to be followed by a logbook entry of work done and accompanied with my FAA PPL number and signature , also the Tundra tires have their own FAA STC included in which it specifically allows me, a non A&P, to install them.

The issue I have is with the official Weight + Balance in the AFM, I notice there are several sheets regarding W+B one is the actual document when the aircraft was weighed at the factory and signed by an A&P, the second is an amended weight and balance (when the avionics were changed) this "weight amendment form" was signed by the avionics shop.

My questions is taking into account that I am allowed to change tires under the FAA self maintenance list, I am also allowed to install the heavier Tundra tires under the STC, Am I also allowed (in addition to the appropriate logbook entries) to insert and sign an amended weight and balance into the AFM to reflect the weight differential between the old and new tires (26lbs)? . I see nothing in FAA documents allowing a PPL the authority to amend the official AFM weight and balance docs.

Last edited by piperboy84; 16th Mar 2013 at 12:20.