PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth removing 'no applied Instruments' restriction?
Old 16th Mar 2013, 11:27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I understand correctly your answer, for the 200 hours of flight time required:

- My 10 hours under the hood during my CPL training would only count if my instructor has a valid IR(A) or IMC rating, and the flights were executed under IFR rules. It's a captain's decision to fly under IFR if the conditions are met. Has my FI during my training logged the time while he was teaching me instrument flying under IFR? I doubt so. So the time under the hood probably does not count.

- The training for IMC rating probably counts, as the FI has probably logged the time as IFR flying. But if under VMC, the FI may elect to log under VFR, and in that case, the time would not count for the student.

- May an instructor log VFR navigation teaching (for PPL or CPL) under IFR? If above MSA, why not, is there any rule that forbids it? In that case, any FI would easily fly 200 hours under IFR, and the student could log IFR time as well.